The first coat of blue went on pretty well. There was a little sagging in a few places, but not much. I went back the next day, and Kim had sanded the entire hull! All the sag lines were gone.

We decided to try a modified technique – rolling without brushing – big mistake. We tried to brush it out, but made a big mess. So, we reverted to the original method. It came out perfect. We ended up with a nice finish on the starboard side, and bow, and a mess on about two thirds of the port side.

So, we had to go for a third coat on the port side. It isn’t quite as good as the starboard side, but it is close. Next up, topsides in white!

Kim does his magic.

This is the "good" side.

He has the touch!!!

Lookin' sharp!

Advertisements